Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Hawaii #6 “Spanish Dancer”

A year ago I was free-diving in Kapalua Bay and I came across a Spanish Dancer.  They are a crazy nudibranch that looks like a dancer's dress when they swim.  I spent an hour following it, just watching and enjoying my time.  It was pretty damn magical.

I spend a great deal of time in the ocean. Snorkeling, diving, fishing, surfing and simply floating around enjoying the peace of being tiny in this massive impartial force.  I continue to work towards my formal composition painting as this was a good experiment with that, I can not see where it may influence the formal work.

I did not plan this idea, I simply let the painting tell me what it was.  That is normally how this expressionistic work pans out.




It was really fun to paint, and it just became as I worked on it.  I had no plan, and I didn’t realize that it was the moments I spent with the Spanish Dancer until it was nearly complete. 

Mahalo for checking me out...
...more to come soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment