Tuesday, January 2, 2007

A new year for a fresh study of oil painting

I normally don't take the passing of the new year too seriously.  I have never set a New Year's resolution and I don't make great plans for change in my life, as I like the direction its going.  I don't party until I puke like the rest of the pot-bellied vacationers taking a night off from life.  

This year is somehow different.  I have a real job, and its in a museum where I will be surrounded by works of art five days a week.  I have been visiting museums for study for nearly ten years now, and this opportunity to truly become familiar with a museum's collection is one I can't pass up. 

This time as the new year comes about, I set one goal for myself.  To empty the cup and refill it with a better understanding of art history.  I intend to study the works of art here at my new job at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts, and perfect my craft as an artist.

I want to keep my employment for five years.  That should be enough time to perfect my craft, set myself up for working as a professional artist full time, and refill my cup with a better understanding of art history.  


So enjoy your new year and make some art...
...why not right?


No comments:

Post a Comment